Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Dead and Buried by Kim Harrington

*This review contains spoilers.*

So, I was looking for something to read on Barnes and Noble's website and, lo and behold, Kim Harrington has written a new book! Yay! I adored Clarity and Perception, so, of course, I picked this up.

As always, I find her books incredibly readable. It took me a few hours, and - it's a  murder mystery, too - I was guessing and re-evaluating who I pegged as the murderer constantly, but I never felt that annoying, impatient sense of "For God's sake, just figure it out already," that I get with some books.

The love interest is Donovan O'Mara, and he's great...cute, angst-ridden, tortured, lonely...he's really great, and everything you'd expect or desire.

I really enjoyed Jade, though I didn't identify with her as much as I did Clare, though I did really appreciate her bravery.

Is this book one that will stay with me forever and impact my life immensely? No, but it was a very lovely way to spend an afternoon and I highly recommend you read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment