Monday, May 7, 2012

The Choice - The Borgias Season 2 Episode 5

With a one minute and thirty second "previously" section, you just knew this was going to be a deep episode. I can't say that's an excuse for being a full twenty-four hours late, but hopefully you'll forgive me.

*THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS. It was also written as I watched, so please forgive any grammatical mistakes.*

Without further do, the review:

  1. I really like the Lucrezia, Vanozza and Guilia trifecta of awesome. Strong women, ravishing costumes and witty dialogue? Yes, yes and yes!
  2. I just love how, on the way to Florence, Jeremy Irons gallops off going "To Florence, and that heretic Savonarola" or something...it just struck me as very endearing. I have no idea why, it just did.
  3. The glimpse into Micheletto's home life was ... something else. Cesare's interaction with his mother was absolutely priceless. And Micheletto ... well, that was eye-opening.
  4.  OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! Micheletto is GAY! 
  5. Oooh...shirtless Cesare! Oh. My. God. Cesare and Caterina?! Not that I reject any naked Cesare...but, still, her? Well, that was a very domination/submission type love scene.  O.o ...And a really intense wake up scene.
  6. The lightning storm thing was AWESOME! And Rodrigo with the child? Aw!...Oh, no! He died! :'(
  7. OH, my God! Cesare killed Giovanni Sforza! Oh, my God! Oh, God! That scene and its immediate aftermath were amazing. 
  8. That last scene...poor Rodrigo!
This was a really, really, really great episode and you should definitely watch it if you haven't!

2 comments:

  1. This was by far the most riveting episode of The Borgias . I am finally hooked . Micheletto is finally a fully three dimensional and exciting character . Catarina in real life was as interesting , seductive and independent , as well as a warrior as portrayed exquisitely by the always strong Gina McKee .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I'm glad to a side to Micheletto that's not simply Cesare's personal hitman.

      Delete