Monday, May 14, 2012

Day of Ashes - The Borgias Season 2 Episode 6


*This review contains SPOILERS*

Yet another awesome episode of Showtime's The Borgias!
  1. It's always a surprise to see Rodrigo doing actual Pope-y things, and very surprising to see him washing an old lady's feet. 
  2. These people of Savonarola's are very creepy and cultish...oh, no! Tell me he's not cutting her hair! No! Not the hair! Nooo! (I have this thing about hair, I think the longer the better, and seeing someone have their hair lopped off is and always has been very traumatic for me.) Oh, and the flagellants, that's messed up, too. 
  3. Uh-oh, Piero and the woman with him better get out of there! 
  4. Please, please tell me that della Rovere is not poisoning that boy. Don't do it! 
  5. Okay, I loved the scene with Rodrigo in the confessional...It's fascinating to see this penitent aspect of the Borgia Pope that everyone hates so much...
  6. ...and Cesare barges in...and tells his father he killed Giovanni and did it with Caterina. OH, this is riveting! Wow, the tension between Rodrigo and Cesare here is just magnificent. 
  7. "So...we shall dine on sardines." That was so epic. 
  8. Oooh...tete-a-tete between Ascanio Sforza and Savonarola...this can't end well. The way he says all the sodomites will burn in hell is so ... gleeful. Whoa! Throwing the cap? What audacity. 
  9. ...Cesare is strutting around in leather pants again. ;)
  10. Oh, no...Lucrezia is about to get another bomb dropped on her. I am loving this defiance from her. 
  11. Hahahaha! Giovanni Sforza fell onto a knife Cesare happened to be holding? Oh, that is priceless!
  12. I was expecting more between Machiavelli and Cesare. I know how much Machiavelli admired Cesare (The Prince and all), so I expected a more intriguing dynamic, I guess. 
  13. Yes! More Guilia, Vanozza, Lucrezia! I love them together! They're really striking fear into the hearts of the Cardinals. 
  14. I'm loving the Cesare/Rodrigo balcony scene...
  15. Something about Cesare's desire to command the Papal armies strikes me as stemming as a deep sense of feeling like Juan was the favored son and a desire to prove himself to his father. 
  16. I'm kind of excited to see the Doge of Venice's nephew...Ooh, he's brought a wolfhound. "The man or the dog?" I like that a lot! "No to them both!" Oh, I am so loving Lucrezia right now. 
  17. Oh, Cesare is storming Savonarola's church! This is getting good! Hahahahaha! "I will use it wipe my ass." Seriously? I don't know if that was badass or ridiculous! 
  18. Did that little boy just accuse Cesare of being a sodomite? I really, really hope they didn't reveal Michelletto was gay just to have him hook up with Cesare! If Cesare is gay, what hope is there for straight women? Let's cross our fingers this is not foreshadowing!
  19. Aw...come on, Rodrigo, let Cesare be a soldier! Oooh, I knew this was a brother thing! Stupid Juan is coming back to wreck everything! How can Rodrigo be so blind? I think he's harsher on Cesare because he wanted Cesare to grow up in his footsteps, i.e. the Church, and Cesare wants to be a solider so badly because he can please his father better that way...I don't know, and nobody asked for a psychoanalysis by me, so I'll shut up now. 
Thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment