Sunday, August 19, 2012

A More Perfect Union - Falling Skies Season 2 Episode 10 FINALE!

*This review contains spoilers.*

Hello everyone! You, me, TNT's Falling Skies!
  • Oh, look, Ben is in the previously on...hopefully we see him again before the season is out...looking forward to the development of this coup. 
  • Oh, I love Pope...
  • Uh-oh...red sirens are never good! Holy crap! Look at them all! Oh, yes! Woooo, rebels! Wooo! Ben! This is a nice scene...all standing together in solidarity like that...very, very nice. 
  • This conversation is very fascinating. I hope they go with it...I really, really didn't liked the way Bressler said "Agreed," it was as if he meant the idea of the rebel Skitters. 
  • Oh, Weaver and Tom are doing pretty well against this Bressler asshole. 
  • Damn you, Bressler! I need to see who plays this guy, he's quite good. 
  • Ah, yes, a Hal and Ben moment! I've been waiting for this for a while...aw, Hal can be so sweet.Oh, Ben, come on...be with your family! This is a really poignant moment that also manages to remain fairly light in tone...I secretly really love brotherly moments...maybe because I'm an only child and also a girl, so I can never really have one, ever...perhaps that's why I love Supernatural so much. 
  • Ah, Anne and Lourdes...Anne just threw up! In TV land, that is so code for pregnancy...ah, yes! Wooo! Oh, God, Anne, saying you're not informing Tom until after the mission is a freaking death sentence!
  • Oh, no...this must have been Bressler's doing! Oh, you smug bastard! 
  • Oh, come on, oh, yes! Woooooo! I love you Captain Weaver! Way to be a badasss! I really don't trust Bressler. 
  • Oh, yes, father/daughter moment! Side note: Laci J. Malley (Jean) is freaking beautiful. Her skin is so beautifully pale and porcelain, literally stunning. Really great acting there...so sweet. 
  • Aw, Tector! Ah, yes, Tector! Throw off the bonds of oppression and come back to the Berserkers! 
  • I really liked this whole scene...people leaving, deciding who is coming, who isn't and why and how they react to it...I think that shows a lot about everyone's character. 
  • Oh, man, oh, man...they're in! Really impressive sets here...alien, but organic. 
  • Oh, whoa, Dai is such a badass! Oh, no! Hal! Maggie! Anne! Oh, shit! Oh, God, it's freaking Karen! Again! 
  • Oh, damn that Karen bitch! I should have seen torture coming...oh, she actually kissed him! Oh, is she going for Anne? Oh, no, not Weaver! Oh, God, she is totally going for Anne....oh, she knows she's pregnant! Oh, wow, what a way to find out you're going to be a father for poor Tom..,Oh, no, don't talk! 
  • Yes, rebel Skitters! Oh, yes, woooooooooo! Beat that bastard Tom! Great freaking sequence! Just epic!
  • Oh, no! Is that Red Eye? No, don't you die on me! Nooooooooooooooooooo!
  • Uh-oh, I hope Hal is okay...I really like him. 
  • Oh, please, you freaking Charleston people, now you love the 2nd Mass...not buying it...so not buying it. 
  • Oh, yes, Ben is so sweet with Matt! 
  • ...uh-oh, what did Karen do to Hal?
  • Oh, I have been waiting for the Anne/Tom pregnancy conversation...this is sweet, and I absolutely adore the chemistry between Noah Wyle and Moon Bloodgood...who still has the world's most badass name and beautiful hair. 
  • This is pretty ominous music here as Hal gets up...Oh, ew, oh, nasty...what does this mean? This really feels like some sort of mind control. 
  • No, Tom, Manchester asked you twice...he's poisoning you! Don't drink it! Don't! Oh, no, he's offering him a position, not trying to kill him...haha, I guess I can't read people very well, haha. 
  • I like the idea of the 2nd Mass hitting the road again...
  • This is a good bonding moment between Weaver and Tom...
  • All was going so well...and now the building is breaking...not an earthquake...a storm of some kind? Noise torture from the aliens? Whoa, whoa, whoa....what in the hell is that thing? Spaceship? ...It's a fairly human shaped alien...with a bat wing collar...and very expressive eyes. 
  • Theory: the thing that pointed towards the sky that the 2nd Mass destroyed was a weapon of some kind to be used by the fishheads/Skitters against the humanoid/batwinged aliens that just arrived, because somehow those two alien races are at war...any takers? If you have theories, please share in the comments below. 
Okay, wow, what an episode. I think it really typified what I love about TNT's Falling Skies all in one episode. First, you've got the total badass alien fighting stuff what with Tom versus the fishhead and you've got the more political civilian versus military control fighting between the humans. Plus, you get one hell of a cliffhanger with this whole new species of alien that we know nothing about...with the humans? Against? No idea! In addition, we see an example of the show's ability to keep you guessing...the rebel Skitters being shot outside of Charleston came out of left field and I thought we wouldn't see them again, ever...but there they were to save the day. And, of course, my personal favorite, the human drama and superb acting...loved the Tom Mason and his boys family stuff, as always, and I think Anne's pregnancy adds another wonderful layer to their familial dynamic. Plus, of course, Maggie's reaction to the Hal/Karen kiss and subsequent unconsciousness of the former. 

This episode was a fitting finale: fast-paced, emotional and both satisfying and tantalizing; I highly recommend you catch it if you haven't watched it already.

All in all, I think it's a lovely show and one I would recommend you check it out and start from the beginning if you don't watch. 

Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment