Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Battlefield - Teen Wolf Season 2 Episode 11

*This review contains spoilers.*

Here we are: the penultimate episode of the second season of MTV's Teen Wolf! If you've been following along with me, you know I easily succumb to hysteria when the television is good, so be prepared for a serious lapse in coherency...because this has just got to be an amazing episode.

  • Oh, my God! It's coming on, it's coming on! Too excited to have predictions, but if Derek dies I am going to be so livid. I also hope I can stop hating Allison, I really do, but I don't think that's likely. 
  • Watching the "previously on" bit...I totally forgot about Scott's mom! I hope that turns out okay, too. 
  • This is a really, really beautiful opening...I love the voice-over. And that we get to start with Stiles! Yes! I didn't really picture him as the type to accept therapy or counseling. The whole repressed thing about his mother. 
  • Oh, look, Scott shops at Macy's too! Shocker! 
  • Wow, poor Scott! Come on, Mrs. McCall, be cool! I am literally loving this scene, it is just so, so, so cinematic. Oh, the irony...oh, no! Have the Argents figured out where Derek is?
  • I'm giddy with how long this scene has been going ... this is the best scene ever! Not that I'm a Stiles fangirl or anything like that. *sarcasm*  
  • And Scott's showering! Oh, no! Bad things always happen in the shower! And, oh look! Psycho Grandpa dropped by with his pet assassin. Seriously, more people should have a fear of showers. 
  • Yikes! I feel really bad for Scott right now...really great acting by Tyler Posey. 
  • Ah, yes, Erica and Boyd...alone in the woods! 
  • YES! Derek! Oh, wow, domestic fight between the pack members. Oh, yes, I have been waiting for this forever. Oh, God, what a crushing blow this must be for Derek...the vet was right, he is a bad Alpha. A hot one, but still. 
  • ISAAC! Oh, wow, opened with Stiles, then Derek and his pack fighting and now we see Isaac! I love Teen Wolf so much. 
  • Ouch...and now Derek is alone! GAH! It's Peter! Oh, my God, this show is trying to kill me with joy. 
  • Oh, my God, guys, Isaac is getting emotional over a sick little puppy...I wasn't an Isaac fangirl before, but I might be now. Aw, he just helped the poor thing! How cute! Oh, my God, that was a smile! An actual smile! Awwwww! The cuteness is nearly overwhelming! 
  • Hahahahahaha! Peter Hale's description of what when on while he was gone is priceless. Absolutely priceless. Ian Bohen, you are the master of comedy. 
  • Whoa, whoa, whoa, the bond between Scott and Isaac here is so cute! Aw, "I don't have anyone," oh, come on, Scott, this is where you tell Isaac he has someone! Oh, well, that was still a lovely moment between those two. 
  • And Scott's mother is making her way through the boys' locker room...as the Coach does Independence Day. That. Was. Priceless. I love Teen Wolf, my absolute favorite show ever.
  • This is quite the moment between Stiles and Scott. Oh, my God, Stiles!!!!!! YES!!!! HE IS ON THE FIELD! I have never been more excited. "I already did that today. Twice." I actually laughed at that. And I don't usually laugh at jokes like that. That's Stiles for you, though. What a moment from the Sheriff. Oh, I am literally so happy for him right now! Finally, Stiles gets his moment of triumph. 
  • Oh, no! The Argents are tricking Erica and Boyd! I hope they end up okay! 
  • Gerard Argent is one sick bastard. 
  • Hahaha, I love Stiles so much! Oh, come on, Stiles, in front of Lydia and your father? You need to do something!
  • Ah! Isaac! Yes! God, I'm really starting to like him!
  • Oh, no, if those damn Argents get Erica and Boyd...I am going to be so pissed! Wow, my heart is literally pounding! This is such an amazing show!
  • NOOOOO! Allison, you bitch! I don't even like Erica that much! No, no, no, don't hurt her! 
  • God, lacrosse is such a violent sport. 
  • No, not Erica! Oh, yes, Boyd! Allison, stop it, you psychopath! That bitch is murdering him in cold blood! Erica, rip her throat out! 
  • Oh, thank God, they must still be alive! Allison is definitely irredeemable now. 
  • Oh, God! Isaac! NO! Not now, after I just fell in love with him! 
  • Oh, Derek, don't let him prey on your vulnerabilities! Oh, God, this is literally the greatest hour of television ever. 
  • Stiles, this is your moment! Go!!!!!!! YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am literally crying with joy right now. The title of this episode should have been "Stiles, Triumphant." Even Lydia was rooting for him, and I am a die-hard shipper of Stiles/Lydia...oh, my God, that was the most beautiful moment ever. Seriously, if you have an ounce of humanity in your soul you will watch and love this show. 
  • And the moment of Stiles's triumph continues! Oh, wow, could this be anymore beautiful? And he's looking at Lydia and she's so proud and oh, my God, this is literally amazing! 
  • Seriously?! Jackson is going all kanima now? Now?! Uh-oh!...okay, that was a female scream...who was it? Not Lydia...it's Jackson?! What, how?! NO! He did it himself? What?! Why is this happening with so few minutes left?! 
  • Stiles?
  • Trailer: I think I see Lydia/Stiles! And plenty of Derek and his pack! Oh, I cannot wait! 
  • Back to this episode...Jackson did it to himself? Theory #1 Gerard thought Scott would be as affected by Jackson's death as anyone else's. Implausible because Jackson is his greatest weapon. Theory  #2 He made it Lydia, who he did reference ("pretty little redhead" or something), but Jackson couldn't kill her (the bond Peter told Derek about), so he turned the need to kill inward. Um...I don't know, really, I'm speculating wildly. 
  • Stiles better be back. Nobody, and I mean nobody, messes with Stiles. 
Oh, wow! What an episode! Literally the greatest to ever grace the screen! I'm honestly more invested in this show that any other. Honestly, the passion with which I hate Allison astounds even me. And I am so worried about Erica and Boyd...they need to make it! I really, really appreciated the sweet moment with Isaac and the puppy. That got me so much. Glad to see Mrs. McCall pretty much giving Scott the go ahead for battle, as the title might suggest. There was a decent amount of Derek, but there could always be more. I was so happy to see the pack leave him...I love them all dearly, so I don't know why that is, but it was such a good scene! 

This needs a new paragraph: Stiles. Those goals, those cheers, that look from Lydia? Crowning moment of awesome. This makes me wish I'd attended a sporting event once in my life. I can tell you there are still tear tracks on my face from the utter beauty of Stiles's moment. I cannot express to you the perfection that was that moment, so you need to watch the episode. It was beautifully acted by Dylan O'Brien, and just inexpressibly magnificent. It's like seeing Earth from space or the view from a mountaintop: no description can convey its beauty. 

Seriously, just watch it...I could ramble on for paragraphs and still not express to you how heart-stoppingly intense, wonderfully sweet and epically triumphant this episode was. As always, if you don't watch the show, then you should. 

Thank you so much for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment