Sunday, August 26, 2012

Husbands and Fathers - Copper Season 1 Episode 2

*This review contains spoilers.*

Wooooo! It's finally here! This past week I moved into college, and BBC America's Copper has still been the focus of my greatest attention throughout the week...I have transcended excited into some sort of oxymoronic state like euphoric calm or joyful hysteria....Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

The actual review:

  • I literally cannot tell you how amazing the opening title sequence for Copper is...I beg you to watch it. 
  • I love how Corky is all concerned about the whereabouts of his wife...but he has no problem with patronizing Eva's establishment, shall we say. But I love him anyway for some bizarre reason. 
  • I'm intrigued by this potential The Irish versus The Freed Slaves thing...
  • Oh, wow, oh, BAM! Corky is so freaking awesome...he just totally owned Mr. Haverford. 
  • And he's getting shut down by a nun...oh, this is priceless. I love this show. 
  • I'm glad to see Civil War stuff, I think it adds a whole new layer to the show.
  • Hahahahahahaha! Sending them to Hoboken, that was funny...this show has pretty much everything, even humor. 
  • I like Matthew and Sarah, I'm glad they don't seem to have less of a role since they moved away. 
  • Ooooh, that was a nice one, Mrs. Haverford! This is just such a good show...having literally everything and just the tone and the mood being literally perfection.
  • Okay, who the heck is Tongus McClougherty? Totally have no idea on the spelling there. 
  • I love the score for this...so, so wonderful. 
  • I don't know why I like Corky so much, since he's so violent...but somehow I can't help but love him. 
  • Okay, so Kevin has a lead now...
  • I kind of like Robert Morehouse...I can't quite get a lock on his character, but I'm intrigued. 
  • I really don't like this Molly woman...she seems untrustworthy. 
  • What the heck does everyone have against the Irish?
  • Inherent nobility? A boxer? A horseman? Oh, I am in love with Corky. 
  • Oh, wow, Elizabeth Haverford, you are a badass. 
  • Uh-oh, I hope nobody starts beating on Kevin...Oh, no, they have Corky! Oh, shit! No! Not his leg! Oh, wow, what an intense scene! That was great! Poor Corky :( Absolutely epic acting by Tom Weston-Jones. 
  • Oh, no...he better be okay...I hate seeing people in pain. 
  • Great, McGuire is breaking and entering...Sarah seems a little unbalanced to me.
  • Oh, no, more pain. That does not look good...I really do get a kick out of this mid-19th century medical procedure stuff. 
  • Wait, I thought Kate and Annie's father was dead...Oh, he is such a fake. There is no way... 
  • Ah, yes, Mrs/ Haverford for the win. 
  • Whoa, whoa, whoa, he's her husband??? WHAT?!
  • Aw, Corky's sweet with kids! 
  • Oh, come on, Kevin! You're looking for your missing wife, you told Eva she was the only one you wanted, and you just let Molly go for it with you?! Where is the consistency? Why do I still love you? 
  • Okay, what the hell is Molly doing? Oh, you greedy bitch! NO! Corky better rescue Annie....somehow. 
  • So, why would Robert go out of his way to be the one to give his father the deed? Latent Daddy issues? 
  • Oh, my God does that leg look terrible...
  • Oh, come on, Annie, you've got to escape somehow...Oh, this is the creepiest thing ever. 
  • Wait, how did Corky get in there? Holy shit, Annie you are a total and complete badass. Holy shit, the Countessa too? Oh, my God...holy shit...I am literally paralyzed with shock. 
  • God, Corky must really care about Annie to go through complete agony for her. 
  • Aw, this must be Maggie. 
  • Jesus, why does every go for the damaged leg? I can't handle this. 
  • Elizabeth is going to adopt Annie? That is so sweet! 
  • That's ominous...and a sweet moment with hallucination!Maggie...
Phenomenal episode in a phenomenal show...if you are not watching this show you are missing out. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment