Monday, August 6, 2012

Death March - Falling Skies Season 2 Episode 8

*This review contains spoilers.*

Once again, we return to TNT's show Falling Skies. I'm not as excited as I was last time I wrote a review, as two weeks is a very long time and I hate when shows do that...this is a great show though, so here we go!

  • I don't even remember where we left everyone, so I make no predictions...hope for more Pope, and also Hal/Maggie (not my OTP, but still an important ship to me). 
  • Hmm...this "previously on" gives me hope for Hal/Maggie, and a little inkling of worry about Pope and what he may do. 
  • Oh, wow, what an emotional impact it must be to receive a will from your nine year old. 
  • I don't think I've commented on their title thing...it's nothing special, but I can appreciate a show that keeps it short and gets to the plot. 
  • Tector appears to be getting much more screen time than in previous episodes...I'd like to see his character get a backstory. 
  • Yes! Hal and Maggie...joined by Pope. I think I want him around so much because he's so damn annoying it's funny. Aw, what a sweet Maggie and Hal moment! 
  • Ah, yes, I think we're getting something on Tector! A ex-military guy apparently...why would that be? He killed someone accidentally and can't come to terms with it? Let a friend die? Ah, yes, a mystery! Thank you, Falling Skies
  • Oh, come on, Weaver, we all know you're a big softie about kids. YES! Haha, new character! Wooo! Exciting! 
  • More Maggie/Hal scenes! You need to be watching this show! Aw, that was so sweet! 
  • Pope has kids?! I appreciate Hal's commentary on that immensely. 
  • Aw, what a cute moment! I really love that they have Matt on this show to lighten the mood a bit....And then Jenny (mystery girl) looks a little freaky.
  • I really like the idea of a conversation between Pope and Maggie about Hal. I'm very excited...Whoa, whoa, the what Maggie is? Alien? Convict? Prostitute?
  • Wait, wait Pope and Maggie were a thing? What? What past? Oh, man, this better be revealed before the episode is out. Pope said if Maggie really cared, she'd tell Hal...so something bad could happen to Hal if she didn't tell him...could she have an STD or other contagious disease maybe? 
  • Okay, okay we're getting more Tector...why would he hide that? He doesn't want to go with them? What is up with him? So many new mysteries this episode! This is super cool! 
  • Uh-oh, this little Matt and Jenny becoming friends thing couldn't last. 
  • Oh, I think we're going to get the speech from Maggie! Come on, what is it? No, she's being all tight-lipped...oh, I think there is going to be a fight. No, no, no we're getting the story! YES! Wow, was I off base! Drugs, robbery, prison and a baby! Wow, I never would have gotten that! I really don't see that Hal needed to know that...I mean, it would have been nice to know, but it doesn't really affect him or his relationship with Maggie. 
  • I love the "Tom Mason and one of his sons" domestic moments. They are very well acted by Noah Wyle in my opinion.
  •  Oh, this is so awkward...Hal/Maggie must endure! Oh, no! What the hell?! What is that light?
  • And even more Tector backstory! Aw, poor guy! 
  • This is a nice moment between Tector and Weaver!
  • Oh, my God! Yes! Triumph! They made it! Wait, that's an awful burned out car...Holy shit! What could have done that to the road? Oh, God, is that Charleston? That...that...it's...how? 
  • Oh, man, what a moment for Tom! 
  • And what a moment between Tector and Weaver! 
  • Jesus Christ! In what circumstance is it okay to gather a crowd around you by firing into the air? None, okay? None!
  • This is a nice inspirational speech from Weaver. 
  • Whoa, whoa! People! And strawberries! Oh, my God, CHARLESTON IS REAL! 
  • Yes! Hal and Tom and Matt hug! How great! ...And Matt goes and brings up Ben! 
  • Oh, what an ending! That was freaking beautiful! I loved that! What a high note!
Oh, wow! Guys, this was a really intense episode! I was very pleased with the emotional deepening of Hal and Maggie, the interactions between the Mason boys, the further exploration of Tector's character and the fact that the 2nd Mass has finally arrived in Charleston! Woooooo! 

In short, this was a wonderful episode and I highly suggest you watch the show if you don't already!

Predictions (new segment):
  • I hate to be Debbie Downer here, but I'm a bit worried about what everyone is going to find in Charleston...could Weaver's speech about expecting paradise on a silver platter be some kind of ironic foreshadowing of a disappointing Charleston? I mean, an alien invasion would leave the world open for any sort of individual to scrape order together from the chaos....thoughts, anyone?
  • Hal and Maggie survive. They've just go to...thought not my OTP, I really need them to be together! 
  • Tector becomes a very integral figure in Charleston...I feel like we wouldn't have just gotten such a large chunk of information about him if he didn't have some extremely important role to play somehow. 
That's it for me! 

Thank you so much for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment