Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Bad Teeth - Grimm Season 2 Episode 1 PREMIERE!

*This review contains spoilers.*

I know, I know, this is a day late, but yesterday was the season finale of MTV's Teen Wolf and I was way too excited about that to even contemplate heading over to NBC for Grimm. However, NBC totally has the entire episode on their website for me to catch up on! Yay! :)

If you're new here, I do reviews of TV shows that I watch as I watch them and then comment at the end..and while Grimm isn't in my top five or anything, it's a good show that I recommend...okay, enough babbling by me, here we go!


  • One thing I love about Grimm is that they open with a quote and the entire fairy tale motif that they have. I absolutely adore fairy tales, so I was thrilled when I saw a show that had them!
  • Oh, wow, I love the tone of this show...very ominous without being B-rated-horror-movie cheesy. 
  • Whoa! They looks so mutilated...hmmm...the title is "Bad Teeth"...maybe werewolves? Hshsknflan! Whoa I jumped at that...that doesn't look like any supernatural creature I can identify...ah, yes, this is a good show. 
  • Not gonna lie...this fight scene isn't doing it for me...then again,I don't really like fight scenes. Oh, hey, great way to treat your long lost son, by, you know, beating him up!
  • Whoa...that looks like a tiger! That's what I see anyway...great special effects. 
  • Okay, so Nick's father is dead...and Momma Grimm just dashes off...do you want to give your son abandonment issues? 
  • Oh, yes! Monroe and Rosalee scene! They are too cute!
  • Oh...that awkward moment of reconciliation. Poor Nick...David Giuntoli is a really good actor.
  • Whoa, whoa, Nick's mom is a bit of a psychopath...or a bitch, as Monroe aptly puts it, haha. 
  • Uh-oh, I really liked Juliette...I hope they get to her in time to stop it. 
  • Oh, Monroe, such comic relief.
  • I can't remember if Nick's boss is a good guy or a bad guy...he seems rather ominous with Juliette now. 
  • Whoa...Juliette's dream sequence thing is really creepy. 
  • Oh, right, I totally forgot Hank was on the verge of some sort of emotional breakdown when we last left off! 
  • I'm not sure how I feel about Nick's mother to be honest. 
  • Ooooh, what an awkward moment with Nick and the Feds...
  • I love these little domestic moments. 
  • Oh, a little more Grimm background...that's nice. 
  • Oh, man, they're gonna make me cry yet! :'(
  • Ah, yes, we're seeing what it is!
  • Okay....weird castle and guy being tortured...hey, it's Franklin from True Blood...what the heck is this? Are they these royal families we've been hearing about?
  • Whoa...Nan from True Blood/ Adalinde's mother is scary! 
  • So, they're fighting a killer cat? Cool. 
  • Wow...Nick is serious about helping Juliette. 
  • Nick's boss French accent is terrific. Just saying. 
  • Ooooh, secret compartments. Ah, yes, more Grimm lore...Crusaders...buried treasure...this is good. This is really good. 
  • Uh-oh...not that I liked the two Feds, but still, this doesn't look good to me. And the dude is being a total dick...oh, shit, that's scary.
  • Oh, ew, Kimora's corpse is really, really icky...props to special effects. 
  • And the FBI woman's body is so gross too...they do a good job...
  • Oh, man, there it is! Whoa, what a cliffhanger ending!
So, I liked this episode's tone and pacing a lot, as well as the developing relationship between Nick and his mother. I thought they did a good job with giving us a little of each character, as well as starting off at a decent gait...nothing worse than a show that drags along. 

In short, the show isn't spectacular like MTV's Teen Wolf or BBC's Doctor Who or HBO's Game of Thrones or CW's Supernatural, but I enjoy it a lot and definitely recommend it. I think the fairy tale theme is well-played, kind of like the early days of Supernatural meets ABC's Once Upon a Time meets, you know, Grimm's fairy tales. Also, David Giuntoli is pretty attractive for someone who is the farthest thing from my type it is possible to be...just saying, in case that affects your decision to pick up this show or not. 

Thanks for reading!

P.S. I started burning Pumpkin Buttercream from Yankee Candle, and it is amazing...in addition to watching Grimm you should also buy that candle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment