Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Disney Pixar's Brave

*This review contains spoilers.*

Today, two of my friends and I went to see the new movie Brave at the theater. (No, we were not the oldest people there. Not even the oldest people without kids.) I don't normally review movies, but I feel like I have enough to say about this one to review it.


  • First off, they had a little short film at the beginning called La Luna, I believe, and it was too cute!
  • The animation was flawless - from Merida herself to the surroundings, I just loved it. It was a very beautiful, breathtaking landscape, and I really go for stuff like that, so I enjoyed the scenery a lot. 
  • I laughed a couple of times, so it is not absent humor in the slightest. 
  • I loved Merida's speech about legends - it was really beautiful in an inspirational kind of way. 
  • Setting it in Medieval Scotland was really nice. I love all the castles and such, and the accents are fun. 
  • My main problem with the movie is the lack of romance. I was raised with Disney classics like Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Beauty and the Beast, so when I set down to an animated film about a princess, I expected a romance. She made a great speech about finding love when she's ready, then didn't. Maybe I'm missing the message, and maybe every movie doesn't need a romance, but I watch movies and TV and read books pretty much to vicariously experience the romance of the characters. I was pretty let down, to be honest. 
Overall, the movie was a sweet one, with gorgeous scenery, funny moments, cute children and a beautiful soundtrack. I certainly wouldn't say I wasted two hours or the money I spent on tickets and popcorn, but I doubt I'll see this movie again. I did like it, so...

Final Verdict: Go see it! 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment