Monday, June 11, 2012

World of Wonders - The Borgias Season 2 Episode 9

*This review contains spoilers.*

Once again, my thoughts on the most recent episode of  Showtime's The Borgias.


  • Okay, ending the "previously on" with the Pope telling Juan he can't defend himself? That sounds like Juan isn't going to be around much longer...if the syphilis/leg/opium doesn't get him first. 
  • Aw...poor Raphaello...I want him to be with Lucrezia!
  • Damn that Savonarola...all that precious artwork!
  • Okay...people with dead animals on sticks? Ah, Savonarola's minions. I'm really starting to loathe this guy. Oh, no! A witch burning! That poor woman! Side note: Cesare looks hot when his hair is blowing in the wind. Someone has got to knock Savonarola down a peg. Oh, yes, Cesare this is beautiful! God, this could not be a more perfect scene. 
  • ...And we cut to Juan...talking to his penis? Well, that's something you don't see all the time. 
  • Oh, my God, I though he was just going to light some oil on fire on the floor, but those wooden things? This is going to be epic. That look from Cesare as Savonarola was bashing his father was beautiful. Here he goes! At least we know he really believes this himself...Epic music...And the masses are fickle...Cesare, triumphant...that was some spectacle. 
  • This monk kid that's going to poison the Pope is really creepy. 
  • ...And Juan is high as a kite in some opium den. 
  • Antonello! That's his name! Oh, don't do it, Rodrigo! 
  • Ah! Shakespeare reference! Okay, here's Guilia, where's Vittoria? I thought she was going to become a bigger deal...
  • Cesare looks so cute with a baby! Aw, that was such a cute scene!
  • Oh, no! Antonello! Not now you bastard!
  • ...And Juan arrives...ooh, zinger from Vanozza! 
  • Ah! Yes! Antonello spilled the poison! 
  • Ooooh, this is pretty!
  • Ahhhh! Cesare, that was beautiful! Oh, Juan, the prodigal son? Really? You went there? Don't let him get to you Cesare!
  • Oh, my God! Juan! Don't you dare! That bastard...I hope Cesare gets him! I also hope he doesn't do it with those dancing girls.
  • Aw, poor Cesare! Rodrigo loves you too!
  • Yeah! Michelletto to the rescue! I hope she doesn't get syphilis...and I hope Micheletto would just strangle him already.
  • Title of the episode! Oh, Juan is so dying right now! Cesare is going to kill him, I know it! Right now, as they hug, he's going to do it...*gasp* he did it! He actually did it! Oh, my God! I stand in awe, too!
Oh, my God, this was one hell of an episode! 

I had kind of anticipated Juan's death being the end of the season...so I have no idea what to expect next Sunday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment