Monday, June 4, 2012

Truth and Lies - The Borgias Season 2 Episode 8


*This review contains spoilers*

Once again, a play-by-play of Sunday's episode of The Borgias. 
  • Here we go! I'm so excited! I'm looking forward to Juan trying to explain himself, Cesare making another bid to become the leader of the army and some more interactions between Lucrezia and Raphaello...and maybe Caterina Sforza doing something reckless/badass...though how she'd top baring it all before the entire Papal army is beyond me...but we shall see. 
  • Oooh...Rodrigo starts strong. 
  • And here comes Juan...he is a bastard, but I kind of feel bad for him limping around and having to ask for help but be humiliated to do it...and now he's lying and I lose all pity...he's quite the dramatist, however. You gotta love David Oakes. 
  • Oh, my God! Juan suspects Cesare of deceit...and Cesare realizes how evil Juan is...poor Benito! I'm glad he has a name now. I'm rooting for Cesare in this one, all the way!
  • "I would've been there to the end." God, I love Cesare right now...just wow. 
  • ...And Rodrigo is trying to look up how to curse Savonarola XD
  • That jealous, burning look on Juan's face ... And Cesare! Wow, he sure knows how to twist the rusty knife! I'm predicting Juan's death...I mean, he already had syphilis, and that weird probe up his dick can't be helping, and now this leg wound, which is freaking yellow? "Blindness, madness, death," does not sound good...and neither does opium...I can't imagine how I can hate him so much but still pity him his apparent fate.
  • Haha...Vanozza and Rodrigo bickering...love it! 
  • I love the juxtaposition of Cesare, strong, tall and competent with Juan, coughing, pale, verging on the pathetic...and I love the way Rodrigo acts the comforting and indulgent father when Juan freaks out...and acts as a referee as they bicker. 
  • Yeah, Don Hernando! Stand on principle! Wooo!
  • I really hope that they don't kill Brother Bernadino...
  • ...And Vanozza is telling Lucrezia to get it on with both Calvino and Raphaello!!!!
  • Oh, my God! What is Mohammed is here to assassinate Juan? Oh, no, it's just an opium den. I feel like Juan doesn't need another addiction/vice. 
  • Don't tell me Michelletto is going to kill Benito? ...Or is he going to make love to him?
  • Oh, I see, he's going to tell the Pope what happened at the siege of Forli. 
  • Oooh! Yes! The Pope is going to set into Juan now! "Not even yourself"??? Is that a threat? Oh, now Juan's going to be a drama queen. 
  • Cesare is a sly one alright...I'm glad Benito is getting home. 
  • Ooooh....Lucrezia is making the first move! They're going for it! Oh, my God! Ladies, fyi, Raphaello is more than just fine words...he cuts a fine figure as well ;)
  • Ominous music? I'm really worried about Bernadino now!
  • Wooo! You go Benito!
  • And Calvino proposes with a boat...I like that!
  • Wooooooooooooooo! Marriage! I feel a little bad for Calvino, seeing him smile like that and knowing she's doing it with his brother. 
  • "I fight men, not boys." I always though Cesare Borgia was supposed to be a snake, but he appears to have real honor here. Interesting. 
  • Oh, God, that freaky monk boy murdered Brother Bernadino! No, you bastard! I'm glad you've had to be in agony with the poison!!!!
Okay, episode over. It was a great one, and I recommend you check it out. 

Also, a general tip? Watch Game of Thrones. This past Sunday's episode was amazing. Daenerys Targaryen is the most bad ass character ever. Everyone else is awesome, too...but she stands apart, especially in this past episode. 

My Predictions: 
  • Juan gets it...somehow. 
  • Cesare takes over the Papal armies.
  • Raphaello has second thoughts about screwing his brother's wife. 
What do you think will happen?

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment