Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Worlds Apart & Shall We Gather at the River - Falling Skies Season 2 Episodes 1 & 2

*This review contains spoilers.*

Hi! For those of you that read my blog, I also absolutely love TNT's Falling Skies, so I thought I'd share my thoughts on that, too. If you don't, welcome, I review as I watch the show, so below are my thoughts as I watched the 2 hour premiere of Falling Skies Season 2...which is super late, but Sundays are a busy TV day for me.
  • I hope their "Previously On" bit is good, since I don't really remember where we left anybody except for Tom. It was pretty good, definitely jogging my memory. 
  • I'm not going to lie, I don't really like pure action movies, so I'm not a fan of the opening bit being solid gunfire. The special effects are superb, as TNT's always are...and I love Pope, I just do...his witty one liners get me every time. 
  • Ben, what are you doing? Good to know he's still a little off his rocker. 
  • Oh, my God! It's Tom! Yes, I was so disappointed when they were like "3 months later" and I thought that Tom was just being phased out of the show or something. He's one of my favorite characters, mainly because he's a little nerdy, being a history professor and all, and I'm pretty nerdy...so I'd like to think I could survive an alien invasion, too. 
  • I'm really hoping they continue the relationship between Anne and Tom, I liked that a lot. And it looks like they're going to! :)
  • Ah, yes, flashback to the alien spaceship. Yikes, is that a cattle prod? Finally, we see Karen! I liked her back when she was Hal's girlfriend....I think I liked her better then. 
  • The alien mothership is a little ...I don't know...campy? It works, I suppose, it's just not what I expected. 
  • I'm intrigued as to what position Hal has in the group...it seems like Weaver is treating him as some sort of second-in-command in the absence of his father. Maybe I'm just weird, but I still think of Weaver a little warily. 
  • Total tangent right now: the actress playing Anne, Moon Bloodgood, has absolutely beautiful hair. I want that hair.
  • I like that their clinic is a bus...the Resistance camp is really nicely done, more so than the alien ship in my opinion. 
  • Okay, this is what I love about the show: trapped in a space ship with crazy giant alien man and you're talking history. Good stuff. 
  • Another tangent: Ben looks really attractive this season, like he grew up or something. 
  • Are they setting up Hal and Maggie (I think that's her name)? I'm not sure if I like that. I guess he can have a thing for blondes, but she seems too tough girl compared to Karen. I don't know, I'd be open to it, I suppose. 
  • How are they going to move the vehicles without them heating up? That seems impossible. Maybe I wouldn't survive the alien apocalypse after all. 
  • Wow, I am loving the way Tom is bringing it to these aliens. Whoa! Badass!Tom seizes the cattle prod! That was amazing. Whoa, look at all the other people...aw! 
  • ...And in what universe is it acceptable to give a child a weapon of that magnitude? Yikes, this Hal/Ben situation is becoming loaded...the relationship between siblings has always fascinated me, perhaps because I don't have any. Oh, that was low! I am so Team Hal in this. 
  • Is he seriously burning money? Dude, that is not okay! I don't care if it is the end of the world! 
  • Is it me or does that girl look scary? Maybe it's the dirt...wait, wait, if they go together, where is she now? Okay, I like the Captain now. I don't know why, but scenes like this in movies or TV, when they break open the good stuff because it's the end or they can't take it with him, always get me. 
  • Is Weaver just leaving those four behind with the doctors? Oh, come on, at least black out the windows. I really wish Ben wasn't on this mission. Oh, this is scary. Wow, it actually worked. Unless Ben does something stupid...No, it looks like we're good!
  • Oh, I see, I totally thought she got it. 
  • Ben, you dumbass! Come on! Really? 
  • Aw, this is such a sweet scene! This gorgeous light and the looking into each other's eyes thing, oh, it's just beautiful. 
  • Now I feel bad for being angry with Ben...Aw, it's a family reunion! Too cute!
Intermission! 
  • Oh, my God, a wall of death right now is so not what I need after that sweet family reunion. 
  • I love Pope so much; he's just hilarious. 
  • I don't like the sound of the plan Jameel (Jamil?) has to fix the bridge fairly shoddily. 
  • Oh, come on, Tom, that is not the kind of thing you put on your son. Uh-oh, this is looking bad. Poor little Matt, I liked that we're seeing more of a family dynamic from the Masons. 
  • Oh, shit, this looks bad, I can't even watch all this nasty eye stuff...oh, ew. 
  • Aw, how cute, a deer! :)
  • Okay, that was an impressive image. 
  • Whoa, whoa, Pope, what the hell are you doing?! I changed my mind, I am so not a fan of Pope anymore. Not at all. 
  • Oh, Ben...now I feel so bad for him. 
  • Oh, is this a Lourdes and Jameel coupling?
  • Okay, that conversation between Maggie and Hal was the weirdest come on I have ever heard.
  • Yes! Lourdes/Jameel are my new favorites! Woooo!
  • No, don't you go for Lourdes you thingy! No! Okay, whew, nobody messes with my new favorite character! 
  • Is it me, or does that look unstable? Oh, somebody is so getting dumped in the river, and I, for one, hope it's Pope. Then again, he's on a motorcycle, and that medical bus is a lot bigger and heavier and Tom is tied to it...for drama, I predict that that is what breaks the bridge. 
  • Oh, no! Anne, what are you going to do? Can't they push the bus?  Oh, no! Oh, thank God! Anne is probably in my top five characters on this show, and I'd be heartbroken if anything happened to her. 
  • Oh, I can't handle this. Run, Tom, run! Pope you bastard! You son of a bitch! What were you thinking? Oh, I cannot get over this. No, no, no! 
  • Hal, you better punch him - thank you, Hal! 
  • Oh, thank God! 
  • Okay, that is creepy. 
Wow, that was so good! And the trailer for the rest looks amazing, too. 

If you don't watch this show, I highly recommend you pick it up! It's one of the best summer shows, in my opinion, anyway. 

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment